Wednesday 16 April 2014

Easter Traditions

Hi everyone,
 
Easter is nearly upon us and the weather right now in Birmingham, England is just so beautiful!
 
 

 
 

The past week was very busy for this Mama, including job interviews and general Mama duties, so sorry for the silence!
 
Easter is a time for most Christians to reflect on Jesus' death and resurrection. I would consider myself more 'spiritual' than 'religious' as such, but still, traditional values are important to me and will play a vital part in how I'll raise Seb.
 
Usually Easter for us involves eating Fish and spending time at home on Good Friday. Chilling on Saturday. Sunday going to Church and visiting family where we have a big Jamaican meal and share jokes. I know a lot of young people go out on Sunday night, but even before Seb, I always felt a bit 'disrespectful' so stayed in. On the Monday I usually devour any left over Easter eggs and watch the TV!
 
I never really grew up with the 'Easter bunny', but used to look forward to receiving huge Easter eggs. My favourite was Smarties and Mini Eggs! Obviously, Seb is too young for Easter eggs now at 15months old, but I found these cute little eggs to paints with/for him!
 

 

 
I'll show you what faces or patterns we'll paint in another post. An absolute steal from a store called 'Home Bargains' for only £1.49 and the bucket to 'hunt' them was a mere 79p!!!


 
As your little one grows, it's important to start to create memories and traditions with them.

What does Easter mean to you and your family? Do you have certain traditions?  

Love Mama x

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment